During the first session today at Engage, Kevin Lynch unveiled the timeline for Flash related products. There were some interesting things mentioned.
First half of the year
- Apollo on public labs
- New Flex, codename “Moxie” also on public labs
- CS3 will be release
Second half of the year
- Apollo 1.0 will be released
- Flex “Moxie” will be released
- New product, Flash stand alone player codename “Philo”
- A new version of Flash Media server will be released
Here’s a picture of the timeline
This seems like an exciting year for Flash, especially the announcement of a stand alone video player. Flash has taken a large chunk of the online video market very quickly, this will only further that growth.
For Flex, not many hints were given yet on what will be new with Moxie, but one of the main goals seems to be adding Apollo support within the framework.